Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Behind the scene images - WHY?

There is this new theme in photo shoots now a days. The "behind the scene images".
I've been involved in several photo shoots and this epidemic has become some what of a nuisance to some and some what disrespectful to the photographer. Don't get me wrong, if you have permission then by all means do it. I personally do not like it unless I contract a fellow photographer to shoot them. I mean we're doing a photo shoot! So why in the world would I want anyone else to post something I'm working on before me or before it's ready?
I understand it's fun and exciting but if your a professional then you've done it before. If your new, then act as if.
I know, I know, it sounds rude but you have to understand that in the world of the internet you never know who will see the images. Most websites let you tag photos and if the photo is not up to par ( like the one up here) it could really damage someone's reputation. It will say " behind the scene shoot with GILBERTO VASQUEZ ", WTF!
Now, I know that's going a bit over the top but in the end make sure it's OK with the photographer before hand. Discuss what can be posted. I've done photo shoots and have had other photogs doing the behind the scene shots and love them. I guess it's the fact that they know what they are doing and the respect we have for one another.
You will never see a photographer walking around with brushes doing touch ups while the mua just did their job. Can you imagine how a designer or a stylist would scream if we were to take off their clothes and use our garments from our personal closet? A lot of biting and scratching I'm sure! lol
This topic came up when having lunch with a fellow well known photographer. We had lunch for about 4 hours. So much to talk about and so many topics. Tell me your thoughts on behind the scene shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment